These are thin porcelain sheets approximately 0,3-1 mm thick, covering the complete anterior surface of the teeth, joined by a special adhesive. They are used mainly to mask teeth color anomalies, to disguise alterations in the size or shape of the tooth.
Who are they indicated for?
- For people with slighly crowded teeth, crooked, with small breaks or stained by various factors.
- They are contraindicated in patients with bruxism (tightening of the teeth) and people with a sever crowding (in this case it is necessary to resort to orthodontics).
Dental veneers advantages
- They improve the aesthetic appearance of the mouth, since they are able to modify the shape, position and color of the teeth.
- It is the most conservative method (the one that cuts the least amount of tooth) to modify the aesthetics in anterior teeth.
- Resistance to abrasion, wear and fracture is much higher than in composite resin restorations (white fillings).
- They are very biocompatible, they maintain the color, the brightness and their union to the enamel is very strong.
- They present a perfectly polished surface that hinders the deposit of bacterial plaque, favoring periodontal health.
The smile is an essential part of our image in front other people. It is very common for people to look at others mouths during a conversation, and a careful smile can positively influence the person in front of us.
Over the years, habits such as smoking or drinking coffee in excess, dyed food, some antibiotics or inadequate hygiene can cause stains on the teeth, color shades or brightness loss in the long-term.
Teeth whitening can correct the unsightly appearance of stained or yellowish teeth, resulting in whiter and brighter teeth.
It is a safe, painless, fast and effective treatment. At the Sabatés Dental Clinic we offer different kinds of whitening treatments, adapting them to the needs of each patient:
For this treatment it is necessary to make molds and make transparent plastic splints on which the bleaching gel is applied.
The patient will place the splints with the gel at home during the indicated time and for a period of time prescribed by the dentist according to the analysis that we have made in the consultation. The treatment does not harm the enamel. In some cases transient sensitivity may appear during the treatment, which disappears completely once it has been completed.
Internal whitening is indicated for the teeth that have darkened after a root canal (killing the nerve) and its objective is to return the tonality to a particular tooth so that it resembles the rest of the teeth. It can only be done on devitalized teeth and is performed in several sessions in the clinic by a painless procedure that does not require anesthesia.
The goal of tooth whitening is to reduce the tonality of the enamel. Therefore, we will evaluate the previous and expected tonality by means of a meticulous analysis. For each patient then the most appropiate type of treatment will be determined.