How to brush your teeth correctly?
- Wash the teeth with vertical movements, starting with the gum, from below and out. We have to brush the outside and inside of the tooth.
- Clean the upper part of the back teeth by brushing in a swirling pattern insistently. So the brush fibers remove any food and bacteria from the folds of the tooth.
- Clean the neck of the tooth and the space between tooth and tooth (intradental space). In cases where the brush does not reach the intradental spaces we have to use dental floss or an interproximal brush.
Oral health advice
- Ideally, brush your teeth after every meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- It is essential to do it thoroughly at least once a day.
- While we sleep, the production of saliva and lingual movements are increased, favouring bacterial plaque. We must never forget to clean our teeth before going to sleep.
- At least once a year it is essential to go to the dentist to perform a professional dental assessment in depth to prevent possible oral abnormalities or to detect them in time.